1045 College Avenue, Menlo Park
This stunning Allied Arts home presents a graceful balance of classic Craftsman architecture with modern livability. Originally built just 12 years ago, the home has been remodeled adding a chic modern flair. Nowhere is this more apparent than in the gourmet kitchen, which boasts sleek grey cabinetry topped in polished black granite and backsplashes in linear tiles of Carrara marble with soaring ceilings and skylight. Throughout the home, the perfect Lutron lighting enhances the ambiance from the ever-so-contemporary display in the formal dining room to the cylindrical pendants in the kitchen and thoughtfully placed recessed lights everywhere.
Beyond the impressive curb appeal, with its tremendous welcoming porch for outdoor living, impeccable details unfold inside with beautiful hardwood floors and an open-concept floor plan that works perfectly for today. A formal living room offers tremendous built-ins for displaying collectibles and a family room, each with gas fireplaces, flows into the kitchen. Adding to the livability is a wonderful recreation room on the lower level complete with surround sound for media enjoyment and a full bar for lively entertaining.
Personal accommodations include five bedrooms ideally arranged across all three levels to meet any lifestyle need. The upstairs master suite is a sumptuous retreat with marble and glass tile bath complete with heated floors. The main-level suite, ideal for guests or even a home office, boasts a renovated designer bath and even the powder room has been transformed with a wall of petal mosaic tiles that are absolutely beautiful.
The finishing touch to this very special home is the enchanting rear stone terrace with gas fire pit and soothing water feature – all in a very private Zen-like setting. Plus this home is just blocks to community parks and only one-half mile to all the great amenities of downtown Menlo Park and Palo Alto.
Summary of the Home
- Beautiful corner lot in sought-after Allied Arts neighborhood
- Custom built in 2006 and extensively renovated since then with sophisticated ambiance
- Five bedrooms and four and one-half baths on three levels
- Recreation/media room with full bar and surround sound
- Hardwood and tile floors
- Formal living room with gas fireplace, formal dining room opening to a covered porch, plus family room with fireplace adjacent to the kitchen
- Sleek contemporary-style kitchen with casual dining area opens to the rear terrace for indoor/outdoor living
- Main-level bedroom suite with remodeled bath, two upstairs bedroom suites including a luxurious master, and two lower-level bedrooms and full bath
- Inviting outdoor venues include a huge wraparound front porch with paneled ceiling and large slate terrace with fire pit and custom water feature
- Radiant heat with individual room controls, Lutron lighting system, distributed audio, and central vacuum
- Attached two-car garage plus driveway parking for three cars
- Approximately 4,198 square feet plus 420 square feet of garage and utility space
- Lot size of approximately 7,300 square feet
- Excellent Menlo Park schools (buyer to verify)
- Just one-half mile to downtown shopping and dining and just one or two blocks to great community parks for recreation and tennis